Weekly UPK Updates
Monday, November 6, 2023 was the last electronic weekly match round for this program year (2023-2024). Due to the lower number of students enrolling mid-year, the matching rounds you may have heard about, or been through, are no longer required at this time.
What does this mean? Eligible families who apply after November 6th, 2023 will need to directly enroll in UPK by following the steps below through the end of the school year. Families that are currently enrolled and want to change preschool programs will follow the same steps for direct enrollment.
- Search for participating providers in the Universal Preschool Portal.
- Contact the providers that meet your needs to confirm a seat is available, register, and enroll in their program.
- Work with the chosen provider to complete an application in the Universal Preschool Portal. You will select the provider you enrolled with to ensure funding is in place before attending school.
- Providers should follow the instructions below to complete a Direct Placement.
- Families can begin care with their provider the same day they complete enrollment.
- Providers will need to complete the Enrollment Form in order to receiving funding for the direct placement.
Questions? Contact Triad Bright Futures UPK Help Desk.
CDEC has released draft Quality Standards rules for UPK
The draft UPK Quality Standards Rules reflect statutory requirements, incorporate findings from comprehensive reviews of 26 national and Colorado-specific standards, and include input and feedback from various stakeholders.
All documents, and any future relevant material including the draft rule package once it is available, are posted in the UPK Quality Standards Public Folder. You can also review the CDEC Rule Tracker, located on the Rulemaking and Rules Advisory Council’s (RAC) webpage, for more detailed information regarding the rulemaking timeline for the proposed UPK Quality Standards rules.
UPK Help Desk
The Triad Bright Futures Help Desk can help providers to navigate the UPK portal, assist with reviewing rosters, and make requests to CDEC for seat adjustments.
The fastest way to get support is to submit an online ticket.
Need help with submitting a ticket? Here are how-to documents to guide you through it:
- Provider Help Ticket Guide
- Family Help Ticket Guide
- School District Help Ticket Guide
- Ayuda en español
If you cannot submit a ticket, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-449-7960.