Universal Preschool Program 2024-25
The Year 2 UPK Provider Program Setup Process is open. We encourage all interested providers to start registration and provide contact information for an Authorized Signer to be sent the Provider Agreement for signature. See this guide for how to complete your program setup form and please take the time to read the 2024-25 UPK Provider Handbook.
The initial set up for providers to participate in the pre-registration round closed on February 16, 2024. Triad Bright Futures is now working to accept all submitted registration forms from late last week. Please be sure to check your email for communication from our team and respond to confirm the details of your submission.
We encourage all providers to attend Triad Bright Futures Provider Support Sessions (see details below).
UPK Timeline for Families:
- Join us for our first UPK family info session on February 27, 2024. English: 5-6pm / Spanish: 6-7pm. Click here to join. No need to register.
- 2024-25 UPK application opens for all families: February 29, 2024.
- Pre-Registration Period (Feb. 29-Mar 28, 2024) – Only those families with children currently enrolled, children with siblings currently enrolled, or with a family member currently employed by a participating provider will be matched with their provider during this period.
- General Family Matching Round (April & July) – families looking for a new provider are matched with a ‘just-right fit’ provider based on their top choices from a wide variety of high-quality, licensed school-based, community-based, and home-based providers.
- Walk-In Direct Enrollment – Closer to the start of the school year, families who have yet to enroll will work directly with a provider of choice to enroll as space allows.
- Students with an IEP (Year Round) – children with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) are supported through direct application, registration, and enrollment through their Administrative Unit (AU).
Steps to Apply for UPK or Change Programs: 2023-24 School Year
For the remainder of this school year, families who want to apply for UPK or change preschool programs should follow the below steps for direct enrollment:
- Search for participating providers in the Universal Preschool Portal.
- Contact the providers that meet your needs to confirm a seat is available, register, and enroll in their program.
- Work with the chosen provider to complete an application in the Universal Preschool Portal. You will select the provider you enrolled with to ensure funding is in place before attending school.
- Providers should follow the instructions below to complete a Direct Placement.
- Families can begin care with their provider the same day they complete enrollment.
- Providers will need to complete the Enrollment Form in order to receiving funding for the direct placement.
Questions? Contact Triad Bright Futures UPK Help Desk.
UPK Help Desk
The Triad Bright Futures Help Desk can help providers to navigate the UPK portal, assist with reviewing rosters, and make requests to CDEC for seat adjustments.
The fastest way to get support is to submit an online ticket.
Need help with submitting a ticket? Here are how-to documents to guide you through it:
- Provider Help Ticket Guide
- Family Help Ticket Guide
- School District Help Ticket Guide
- Ayuda en español
If you cannot submit a ticket, you can email email@example.com or call 720-449-7960.